You’ve reached the St. Joseph Catholic Church prayer ministry page. Please submit your prayer request to the prayer wall below so we know how to pray for you!
At today's daily Mass, on September 15th (Our Lady of Sorrows' day) Monsignor Kevin shared his insights about the 7 Sorrows of Mary, (which I also looked up online and prayed a Scriptural/pictorial form of), and this is the basic list here (I kinda elaborated on it a little) if anyone wants to contemplate it with 7 Hail Mary's or something:
1. Mary and Joseph contemplate the prophecy of Simeon to Mary: “You yourself shall be pierced with a sword — so that the thoughts of many hearts may be laid bare.” (Luke 2:35)
2. Mary & Joseph's flight into Egypt: “Get up, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt.” (Joseph's dream: Mt. 2:13)
3. Mary & Joseph had to question the Child Jesus about why He let them go through all that worry by staying behind in the temple: “You see that Your father and I have been searching for You in sorrow!!” 🙁 (Luke 2:48)
4. Mary encounters Jesus on His way to Calvary. (Think of the "Passion of Christ" movie when Jesus falls -- she runs to Him, recollecting when she did the same thing when He fell as a child -- Mama Mary is always there for Him!)
5. Mary mourns her only son, at the foot of the Cross: “Near the Cross of Jesus there stood his mother,” (John 19:25); "Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother," (John 19:27)... and she witnessed "...one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water," (John 19:34).
6. Jesus being taken down from the Cross. (Remember Michelangelo's Pieta, with Our Lady holding Him after death). 🙁
7. At the burial of Christ. "They took the body of Jesus and bound it with burial cloths along with the spices, according to the Jewish burial custom" (John 19:40).
Every sorrow still has a hint of joy in it because Mary is there, and Our Lady of Sorrows is also the Cause of our Joy because she brought us Jesus the first time and she keeps bringing us to Him by her heavenly prayers and biblical example...